Everybody wants a great smile, but a lot of us need help to get there. More and more people are having success with clear orthodontic devices called Invisible aligners.
Conventional Braces use brackets ( either in Metal or Ceramic) connected by wires to move teeth into ideal positions and to improve smile and aesthetics .
Invisible braces, also known as clear aligners, slowly move the position of your teeth over time, just like traditional metal braces, the main difference is the method in which this is done . Invisible Braces are made of clear plastic, aligners that fit snugly around your teeth and are barely noticeable to others .
As clear aligners are so inconspicuous, they’re very popular with adults, who may feel self- conscious with metal braces in their mouth.
These aligners usually worn through the day and night . It is usually removed for brushing teeth and for eating.
How do invisible aligners work? What do they do?
You’ll get a sets of multiple aligners ( for upper and lower teeth) . Each set is to be worn for 7 to 14 days, and then graduating to the next size. The aligners are customised for your teeth and are designed to slowly shift your teeth into a more desirable alignment to enhance esthetics and function.
How much do invisible braces cost?
Cost of invisible braces mainly depends upon
1. The Aligner company your dentist suggests ( time tested , that has been in use for years and has valid scientific studies attached to it to prove that it is a good system to be put to use)
2. Number of sets needed to move teeth into near ideal positions ( depends upon the severity of malocclusion)
How long does this treatment take?
Average treatment times range from about 3 months to 1 year or a little more. This time will vary based on your needs and how well you follow your treatment plan.
Who are invisible braces right for?
- They’re best for people with Mild to Moderate Crowding of teeth
- Spacing between teeth
- Those very conscious to go ahead with conventional orthodontics braces
- In general those with Good Oral Hygiene maintenance.
How will I know if Aligners will work for me?
- Meet your dentist for a primary evaluation.
- Get a scan done for a preview of your before and after images
- Get an estimated cost for the entire procedure and go ahead !!
Difference between normal and invisible braces
|Normal braces||Invisible braces|
|Unaesthetic as components are visible||Barely visible, most esthetic|
|Non-removable, therefore difficult to maintain oral hygiene||Removable- oral hygiene maintenance is easy|
|Dietary restrictions are more||No dietary restrictions|
|More number of visits to the clinic||Least number of visits to the clinic|